Monday, April 20, 2009

Ovechkin Caught Watching Rangers Practice


This might be one of the funniest stories I've heard in the sports world in a long time.

Alex Ovechkin, the best goal-scorer the NHL has seen since possibly Wayne Gretzky, was caught "relaxing" in the stands while the Rangers were going through practice Monday morning.

What really made this story so funny was Ovechkin's response to reporters when they asked him why he thinks the Rangers asked him to leave. His simple, yet funny response...."They're afraid of me".

Ovechkin is probably right and who wouldn't be? The guy has eclipsed the 50-goal mark three of his four years in the NHL and combined that with at least 100 points three of the four years.

I'm sure Ovechkin just wanted to see what would happen and that is so funny to me. He left as soon as they asked him to and I don't think he was trying to cheat or anything like that. I mean, why would he need to? He's the best in the game right now.

Thanks for giving me something to laugh about today Alex!

No comments:

Post a Comment