Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ryan and the Jets Close to Conquering the Impossible


If anyone has told you recently that they knew the Jets were going this far when the playoff bracket was first set then their probably lying to your face.

The Jets have stumped the so called "experts" for two straight weeks now and they'll have to do it again if they want to reach the Super Bowl.

When coach Rex Ryan said his team should be the Super Bowl favorites when the playoffs began I thought he was out of his mind. I'm all for having self-confidence, but I thought it was a little arrogant.

Now the entire team has this swagger that some are saying is over the top. That swagger might be just what they need to do to beat the Colts.

I'm through counting out the Jets completely. The Colts will still take home the victory in my mind, but the Jets defense does has me thinking that what seemed like the impossible might happen.


If the Jets had a solid veteran quarterback then I would be all over the their bandwagon, but they don't. They have a rookie quarterback that has put up pedestrian numbers over the first two games. He's due for a bad game and what better place for it to happen than in Lucas Oil Stadium.

The Jets still have a lot of work to do before they reach the impossible, but they most certainly have my undivided attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment