Saturday, March 28, 2009

NCAA Tournament Thoughts-Elite 8


The 65 teams we started with has now been dwindled down to just eight teams. This sets up some great matchups for the Elite 8:

1 Connecticut vs. 3 Missouri
1 Pittsburgh vs. 3 Villanova
1 N. Carolina vs. 2 Oklahoma
1 Louisville vs. 2 Michigan St.

Last season was the first time all four #1 seeds made the Final Four, and it looks like it may happen two straight years. However I wouldn't jump the gun. All four #1 seeds are going to have their hands full, and I just can't see all four advancing. I can three of the four winning, but not all four.

I can easily see all of the #1 seeds going down, but the one that is most likely to go down is Pittsburgh. They've looked sluggish in every game despite winning and Villanova is coming off 20+ point win over Duke.

Except for Memphis, my final four is sill entact. Better yet, my championship game which included Louisville and North Carolina is also still a huge possibility because both teams have been dominant during the entire tournament. Here's my predictions:

Louisville over Mich. St, 74-69
Villanova over Pitt, 67-64
UNC over Oklahoma, 85-83
Uconn over Missouri, 74-66

No comments:

Post a Comment